Newport County, Rhode Island - Assessor's Office
The Newport County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Newport County, Rhode Island. You can contact the Newport County Assessor for:
- Checking the Newport County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Newport County Assessor's Office is located in Tiverton, Rhode Island.
Newport County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Newport County Information
Newport County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Newport County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Newport County Tax Appraiser.
- The Newport County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Newport County.
- The Newport County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Newport County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Newport County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Newport County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Newport County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 401-625-6709. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Tiverton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.