City of Woonsocket, Rhode Island - Assessor's Office
The City of Woonsocket Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Woonsocket, Rhode Island. You can contact the City of Woonsocket Assessor for:
- Checking the City of Woonsocket property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The City of Woonsocket Assessor's Office is located in Woonsocket, Providence County, Rhode Island.
City of Woonsocket Assessor Contact Information
City of Woonsocket Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Woonsocket Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Woonsocket Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Woonsocket Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Woonsocket.
- The City of Woonsocket Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Woonsocket Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Woonsocket, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Woonsocket about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Woonsocket Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 401-767-9272. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Woonsocket before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.