City of Pawtucket, Rhode Island - Assessor's Office
The City of Pawtucket Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Pawtucket, Rhode Island. You can contact the City of Pawtucket Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the City of Pawtucket property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The City of Pawtucket Assessor's Office is located in the Pawtucket City Hall, Room 109 in Pawtucket, Providence County, Rhode Island.
City of Pawtucket Assessor Contact Information
City of Pawtucket Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Pawtucket Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Pawtucket Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Pawtucket Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Pawtucket.
- The City of Pawtucket Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Pawtucket Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Pawtucket, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Pawtucket about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Pawtucket Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 401-728-0500. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Pawtucket assessor's office at 401-727-3041. Please call the assessor's office in Pawtucket before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.