York County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The York County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in York County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the York County Assessor for:
- Checking the York County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
45 N George StThe York County Assessor's Office is located in York, Pennsylvania. York is the county seat of York County, where most local government offices are located.
York County Assessor Contact Information
Additional York County Information
York County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the York County Tax Assessor may also serve as the York County Tax Appraiser.
- The York County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in York County.
- The York County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The York County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in York County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting York County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the York County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 717-771-9232. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the York County assessor's office at 717-771-4651. Please call the assessor's office in York before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the York County Courthouse at 717-771-9964.