Wyoming County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Wyoming County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wyoming County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Wyoming County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Wyoming County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1 Court House SqThe Wyoming County Assessor's Office is located in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania. Tunkhannock is the county seat of Wyoming County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Wyoming County Courthouse, at 1 Court House Square.
Wyoming County Assessor Contact Information
Wyoming County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wyoming County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wyoming County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wyoming County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wyoming County.
- The Wyoming County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wyoming County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wyoming County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wyoming County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wyoming County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-996-2262. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Tunkhannock before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wyoming County Courthouse at 570-836-3200.