Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Westmoreland County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Westmoreland County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Westmoreland County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
2 N Main StThe Westmoreland County Assessor's Office is located in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. Greensburg is the county seat of Westmoreland County, where most local government offices are located.
Westmoreland County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Westmoreland County Information
Westmoreland County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Westmoreland County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Westmoreland County Tax Appraiser.
- The Westmoreland County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Westmoreland County.
- The Westmoreland County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Westmoreland County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Westmoreland County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Westmoreland County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Westmoreland County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 724-830-3409. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Westmoreland County assessor's office at 724-830-3852. Please call the assessor's office in Greensburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Courthouse Square at 724-830-3106.