Wayne County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Wayne County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wayne County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Wayne County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Wayne County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
925 Court StThe Wayne County Assessor's Office is located in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. Honesdale is the county seat of Wayne County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Wayne County Courthouse, at 925 Court Street.
Wayne County Assessor Contact Information
Wayne County Assessor Address
Wayne County Assessor
925 Court Street
Honesdale, PA 18431
Wayne County Assessor Phone Number
(570) 253-5970 Ext. 4010
Wayne County Assessor's Website
Additional Wayne County Information
Property Tax Search Tool Find Wayne County property tax records
Wayne County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wayne County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wayne County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wayne County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wayne County.
- The Wayne County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wayne County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wayne County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wayne County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wayne County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-253-5970-Ext.-4010. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wayne County assessor's office at 570-253-5418. Please call the assessor's office in Honesdale before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wayne County Courthouse at 570-253-5970.
Find the tax assessor for a different Pennsylvania county
Find property records for Wayne County
The median property tax in Wayne County, Pennsylvania is $1,929.00