Venango County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Venango County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Venango County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Venango County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Venango County property tax due date
1174 Elk StThe Venango County Assessor's Office is located in the Venango County Courthouse, 1st Floor in Franklin, Pennsylvania. Franklin is the county seat of Venango County, where most local government offices are located.
Venango County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Venango County Information
Venango County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Venango County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Venango County Tax Appraiser.
- The Venango County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Venango County.
- The Venango County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Venango County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Venango County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Venango County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Venango County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-432-9520. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Venango County assessor's office at 814-432-9519. Please call the assessor's office in Franklin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Venango County Courthouse at 814-432-9501.