Tioga County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Tioga County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tioga County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Tioga County Assessor for:
- Checking the Tioga County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
118 Main StThe Tioga County Assessor's Office is located in Wellsboro, Pennsylvania. Wellsboro is the county seat of Tioga County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Tioga County Courthouse, at 118 Main Street.
Tioga County Assessor Contact Information
Tioga County Assessor Address
Tioga County Assessor
118 Main Street
Wellsboro, PA 16901
Tioga County Assessor Phone Number
Tioga County Assessor's Website
Additional Tioga County Information
Property Tax Search Tool Geographical Information System
Tioga County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tioga County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tioga County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tioga County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tioga County.
- The Tioga County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tioga County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tioga County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tioga County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tioga County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-724-9117. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Tioga County assessor's office at 570-723-8118. Please call the assessor's office in Wellsboro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Tioga County Courthouse at 570-723-8191.
Find the tax assessor for a different Pennsylvania county
Find property records for Tioga County
The median property tax in Tioga County, Pennsylvania is $1,608.00