Somerset County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Somerset County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Somerset County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Somerset County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Somerset County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
111 E Union St Ste 100The Somerset County Assessor's Office is located in Somerset, Pennsylvania. Somerset is the county seat of Somerset County, where most local government offices are located.
Somerset County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Somerset County Information
Somerset County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Somerset County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Somerset County Tax Appraiser.
- The Somerset County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Somerset County.
- The Somerset County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Somerset County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Somerset County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Somerset County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Somerset County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-445-1536. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Somerset County assessor's office at 814-445-1592. Please call the assessor's office in Somerset before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Somerset County Courthouse at 814-445-1400.