Snyder County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Snyder County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Snyder County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Snyder County Assessor for:
- Checking the Snyder County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 217The Snyder County Assessor's Office is located in the Snyder County Courthouse in Middleburg, Pennsylvania. Middleburg is the county seat of Snyder County, where most local government offices are located.
Snyder County Assessor Contact Information
Snyder County Assessor Address
Snyder County Assessor
Snyder County Courthouse
9 West Market Street
Middleburg, PA 17842
Snyder County Assessor Phone Number
Snyder County Assessor's Website
Additional Snyder County Information
Pay Delinquent Property Taxes How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search Tool & GIS Map Geographical Information System
Snyder County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Snyder County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Snyder County Tax Appraiser.
- The Snyder County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Snyder County.
- The Snyder County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Snyder County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Snyder County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Snyder County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Snyder County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-837-4312. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Middleburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Snyder County Courthouse at 570-837-4208.
Find the tax assessor for a different Pennsylvania county
Find property records for Snyder County
The median property tax in Snyder County, Pennsylvania is $1,438.00