Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Schuylkill County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Schuylkill County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Schuylkill County property tax due date
401 N 2Nd StThe Schuylkill County Assessor's Office is located in the Schuylkill County Courthouse Basement in Pottsville, Pennsylvania. Pottsville is the county seat of Schuylkill County, where most local government offices are located.
Schuylkill County Assessor Contact Information
Schuylkill County Assessor Address
Schuylkill County Assessor
Schuylkill County Courthouse Basement
401 North Second Street
Pottsville, PA 17901
Schuylkill County Assessor Phone Number
Schuylkill County Assessor's Website
Additional Schuylkill County Information
Property Tax Search Tool & GIS Map Geographical Information System
Schuylkill County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Schuylkill County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Schuylkill County Tax Appraiser.
- The Schuylkill County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Schuylkill County.
- The Schuylkill County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Schuylkill County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Schuylkill County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Schuylkill County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Schuylkill County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-628-1025. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Schuylkill County assessor's office at 570-628-1005. Please call the assessor's office in Pottsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Schuylkill County government at 570-622-5570.
Find the tax assessor for a different Pennsylvania county
Find property records for Schuylkill County
The median property tax in Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania is $1,387.00