Potter County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Potter County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Potter County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Potter County Assessor for:
- Checking the Potter County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
1 N Main St Ste 207The Potter County Assessor's Office is located in the Gunzburger Building in Coudersport, Pennsylvania. Coudersport is the county seat of Potter County, where most local government offices are located.
Potter County Assessor Contact Information
Potter County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Potter County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Potter County Tax Appraiser.
- The Potter County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Potter County.
- The Potter County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Potter County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Potter County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Potter County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Potter County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-274-0517. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Potter County assessor's office at 814-274-3358. Please call the assessor's office in Coudersport before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gunzburger Building at 814-274-8290.