Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Philadelphia County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Philadelphia County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Philadelphia County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
1 Penn Square EastThe Philadelphia County Assessor's Office is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Philadelphia is the county seat of Philadelphia County, where most local government offices are located.
Philadelphia County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Philadelphia County Information
Philadelphia County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Philadelphia County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Philadelphia County Tax Appraiser.
- The Philadelphia County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Philadelphia County.
- The Philadelphia County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Philadelphia County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Philadelphia County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Philadelphia County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Philadelphia County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 215-686-4334. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Philadelphia County assessor's office at 215-686-9223. Please call the assessor's office in Philadelphia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Hall at 215-686-3460.