Perry County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Perry County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Perry County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Perry County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Perry County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 37The Perry County Assessor's Office is located in New Bloomfield, Pennsylvania. New Bloomfield is the county seat of Perry County, where most local government offices are located.
Perry County Assessor Contact Information
Perry County Assessor Address
Perry County Assessor
25 West Main Street
New Bloomfield, PA 17068
Perry County Assessor Phone Number
Perry County Assessor's Website
Additional Perry County Information
Property Tax Search Tool Geographical Information System
Perry County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Perry County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Perry County Tax Appraiser.
- The Perry County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Perry County.
- The Perry County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Perry County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Perry County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Perry County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Perry County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 717-582-2131. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Perry County assessor's office at 717-582-5162. Please call the assessor's office in New Bloomfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Perry County Courthouse at 717-582-2131.
Find the tax assessor for a different Pennsylvania county
Find property records for Perry County
The median property tax in Perry County, Pennsylvania is $1,836.00