Northumberland County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Northumberland County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Northumberland County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Northumberland County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
201 Market StThe Northumberland County Assessor's Office is located in Sunbury, Pennsylvania. Sunbury is the county seat of Northumberland County, where most local government offices are located.
Northumberland County Assessor Contact Information
Northumberland County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Northumberland County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Northumberland County Tax Appraiser.
- The Northumberland County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Northumberland County.
- The Northumberland County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Northumberland County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Northumberland County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Northumberland County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Northumberland County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-988-4112. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Northumberland County assessor's office at 570-988-4576. Please call the assessor's office in Sunbury before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Northumberland County government at 570-988-4100.