Montour County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Montour County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Montour County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Montour County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Montour County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
29 Mill StThe Montour County Assessor's Office is located in Danville, Pennsylvania. Danville is the county seat of Montour County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Montour County Courthouse, at 29 Mill Street.
Montour County Assessor Contact Information
Montour County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Montour County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Montour County Tax Appraiser.
- The Montour County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Montour County.
- The Montour County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Montour County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Montour County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Montour County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Montour County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-271-3006. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Montour County assessor's office at 570-271-3015. Please call the assessor's office in Danville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Montour County Courthouse at 570-271-3000.