Monroe County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Monroe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Monroe County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Monroe County Assessor for:
- Checking the Monroe County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1 Quaker Plz Ste 201The Monroe County Assessor's Office is located in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. Stroudsburg is the county seat of Monroe County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Monroe County Courthouse, at One Quaker Plaza, Room 102.
Monroe County Assessor Contact Information
Monroe County Assessor Address
Monroe County Assessor
Monroe County Administrative Building
One Quaker Plaza, Room 102
Stroudsburg, PA 18360
Monroe County Assessor Phone Number
Monroe County Assessor's Website
Additional Monroe County Information
Pay Delinquent Property Taxes How to pay property taxes
Monroe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Monroe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Monroe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Monroe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Monroe County.
- The Monroe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Monroe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Monroe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Monroe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Monroe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-517-3133. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Monroe County assessor's office at 570-517-3854. Please call the assessor's office in Stroudsburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Monroe County Courthouse at 570-420-3450.
Find the tax assessor for a different Pennsylvania county
Find property records for Monroe County
The median property tax in Monroe County, Pennsylvania is $3,454.00