Mifflin County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Mifflin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Mifflin County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Mifflin County property tax due date
20 N Wayne StThe Mifflin County Assessor's Office is located in Lewistown, Pennsylvania. Lewistown is the county seat of Mifflin County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Mifflin County Courthouse, at 20 North Wayne Street.
Mifflin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mifflin County Information
Mifflin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mifflin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mifflin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mifflin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mifflin County.
- The Mifflin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mifflin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mifflin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mifflin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mifflin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 717-248-5783. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mifflin County assessor's office at 717-242-5465. Please call the assessor's office in Lewistown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mifflin County Courthouse at 717-248-6733.