McKean County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The McKean County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McKean County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the McKean County Assessor for:
- Checking the McKean County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
500 W Main StThe McKean County Assessor's Office is located in Smethport, Pennsylvania. Smethport is the county seat of McKean County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Mckean County Courthouse, at 500 West Main Street.
McKean County Assessor Contact Information
McKean County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McKean County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McKean County Tax Appraiser.
- The McKean County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McKean County.
- The McKean County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McKean County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McKean County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McKean County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McKean County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-887-3215. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the McKean County assessor's office at 814-887-2242. Please call the assessor's office in Smethport before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mckean County Courthouse at 814-887-3200.