Luzerne County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Luzerne County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Luzerne County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Luzerne County property tax due date
200 N River StThe Luzerne County Assessor's Office is located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. Wilkes-Barre is the county seat of Luzerne County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Luzerne County Courthouse, at 200 North River Street.
Luzerne County Assessor Contact Information
Luzerne County Assessor Address
Luzerne County Assessor
Luzerne County Courthouse
200 North River Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
Luzerne County Assessor Phone Number
Luzerne County Assessor's Website
Additional Luzerne County Information
City of Wilkes-Barre Tax Assessments City-specific resource
Civil Case Records Find Luzerne County property tax records
Pay Delinquent Property Taxes How to pay property taxes
Pay Your Property Tax How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search Tool Find Luzerne County property tax records
Luzerne County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Luzerne County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Luzerne County Tax Appraiser.
- The Luzerne County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Luzerne County.
- The Luzerne County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Luzerne County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Luzerne County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Luzerne County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Luzerne County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-825-1869. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Wilkes-Barre before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Luzerne County Courthouse at 570-825-1500.
Find the tax assessor for a different Pennsylvania county
Find property records for Luzerne County
The median property tax in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania is $1,587.00