Lehigh County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Lehigh County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Lehigh County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Lehigh County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
17 S 7Th StThe Lehigh County Assessor's Office is located in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Allentown is the county seat of Lehigh County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lehigh County Courthouse, at 17 South 7th Street.
Lehigh County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lehigh County Information
Lehigh County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lehigh County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lehigh County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lehigh County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lehigh County.
- The Lehigh County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lehigh County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lehigh County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lehigh County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lehigh County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 610-782-3038. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lehigh County assessor's office at 610-820-3380. Please call the assessor's office in Allentown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lehigh County Courthouse at 610-782-3000.