Lawrence County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Lawrence County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Lawrence County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Lawrence County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
430 Court StThe Lawrence County Assessor's Office is located in New Castle, Pennsylvania. New Castle is the county seat of Lawrence County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Government Center, at 430 Court Street.
Lawrence County Assessor Contact Information
Lawrence County Assessor Address
Lawrence County Assessor
Lawrence County Government Center Complex, 2nd Floor
430 Court Street
New Castle, PA 16101
Lawrence County Assessor Phone Number
Lawrence County Assessor's Website
Additional Lawrence County Information
Commercial & Industrial Real Estate Search Find Lawrence County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool Geographical Information System
Lawrence County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lawrence County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lawrence County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lawrence County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lawrence County.
- The Lawrence County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lawrence County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lawrence County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lawrence County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lawrence County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 724-656-1938. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lawrence County assessor's office at 724-652-9646. Please call the assessor's office in New Castle before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Government Center at 724-656-2120.
Find the tax assessor for a different Pennsylvania county
Find property records for Lawrence County
The median property tax in Lawrence County, Pennsylvania is $1,436.00