Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Lackawanna County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Lackawanna County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Lackawanna County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
200 Adams AveThe Lackawanna County Assessor's Office is located in the The Scranton Electric Building in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Scranton is the county seat of Lackawanna County, where most local government offices are located.
Lackawanna County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lackawanna County Information
Lackawanna County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lackawanna County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lackawanna County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lackawanna County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lackawanna County.
- The Lackawanna County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lackawanna County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lackawanna County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lackawanna County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lackawanna County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-963-6728. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lackawanna County assessor's office at 570-963-6385. Please call the assessor's office in Scranton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lackawanna County Courthouse at 570-963-6800.