Juniata County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Juniata County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Juniata County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Juniata County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Juniata County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 68The Juniata County Assessor's Office is located in the Juniata County Courthouse in Mifflintown, Pennsylvania. Mifflintown is the county seat of Juniata County, where most local government offices are located.
Juniata County Assessor Contact Information
Juniata County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Juniata County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Juniata County Tax Appraiser.
- The Juniata County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Juniata County.
- The Juniata County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Juniata County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Juniata County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Juniata County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Juniata County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 717-436-7740. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Juniata County assessor's office at 717-436-7756. Please call the assessor's office in Mifflintown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Juniata County Courthouse at 717-436-8991.