Indiana County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Indiana County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Indiana County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Indiana County Assessor for:
- Checking the Indiana County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
825 Philadelphia St Fl 2The Indiana County Assessor's Office is located in Indiana, Pennsylvania. Indiana is the county seat of Indiana County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Indiana County Courthouse, at 825 Philadelphia Street.
Indiana County Assessor Contact Information
Indiana County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Indiana County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Indiana County Tax Appraiser.
- The Indiana County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Indiana County.
- The Indiana County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Indiana County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Indiana County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Indiana County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Indiana County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 724-465-3812. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Indiana before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Indiana County Courthouse at 724-465-3805.