Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Huntingdon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Huntingdon County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Huntingdon County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
223 Penn StThe Huntingdon County Assessor's Office is located in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania. Huntingdon is the county seat of Huntingdon County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Huntingdon County Courthouse, at 223 Penn Street.
Huntingdon County Assessor Contact Information
Huntingdon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Huntingdon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Huntingdon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Huntingdon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Huntingdon County.
- The Huntingdon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Huntingdon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Huntingdon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Huntingdon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Huntingdon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-643-1000. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Huntingdon County assessor's office at 814-643-8152. Please call the assessor's office in Huntingdon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Huntingdon County Courthouse at 814-643-3091.