Forest County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Forest County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Forest County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Forest County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Forest County property tax due date
526 Elm StThe Forest County Assessor's Office is located in Tionesta, Pennsylvania. Tionesta is the county seat of Forest County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Forest County Courthouse, at 526 Elm Street, Box 1.
Forest County Assessor Contact Information
Forest County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Forest County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Forest County Tax Appraiser.
- The Forest County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Forest County.
- The Forest County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Forest County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Forest County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Forest County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Forest County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-755-3532. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Tionesta before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Forest County Courthouse at 814-755-3537.