Erie County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Erie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Erie County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Erie County Assessor for:
- Checking the Erie County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
140 W 6Th StThe Erie County Assessor's Office is located in the Erie County Courthouse in Erie, Pennsylvania. Erie is the county seat of Erie County, where most local government offices are located.
Erie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Erie County Information
Erie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Erie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Erie County Tax Appraiser.
- The Erie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Erie County.
- The Erie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Erie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Erie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Erie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Erie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-451-6225. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Erie County assessor's office at 814-451-6094. Please call the assessor's office in Erie before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Erie County Courthouse at 814-451-6334.