Elk County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Elk County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Elk County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Elk County Assessor for:
- Checking the Elk County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 448The Elk County Assessor's Office is located in Ridgway, Pennsylvania. Ridgway is the county seat of Elk County, where most local government offices are located.
Elk County Assessor Contact Information
Elk County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Elk County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Elk County Tax Appraiser.
- The Elk County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Elk County.
- The Elk County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Elk County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Elk County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Elk County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Elk County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-776-5340. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Elk County assessor's office at 814-776-5305. Please call the assessor's office in Ridgway before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Elk County Courthouse Annex at 814-776-1161.