Delaware County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Delaware County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Delaware County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Delaware County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
201 W Front StThe Delaware County Assessor's Office is located in Media, Pennsylvania. Media is the county seat of Delaware County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Delaware County Government Center, at 201 West Front Street.
Delaware County Assessor Contact Information
Delaware County Assessor Address
Delaware County Assessor
Government Center Building
201 West Front Street
Media, PA 19063
Delaware County Assessor Phone Number
Delaware County Assessor's Website
Additional Delaware County Information
Pay Your Property Tax How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search Tool Find Delaware County property tax records
Delaware County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Delaware County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Delaware County Tax Appraiser.
- The Delaware County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Delaware County.
- The Delaware County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Delaware County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Delaware County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Delaware County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Delaware County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 610-891-5416. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Delaware County assessor's office at 610-891-4883. Please call the assessor's office in Media before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Delaware County Government Center at 610-891-4270.
Find the tax assessor for a different Pennsylvania county
Find property records for Delaware County
The median property tax in Delaware County, Pennsylvania is $3,877.00