Dauphin County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Dauphin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Dauphin County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Dauphin County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 1295The Dauphin County Assessor's Office is located in the Dauphin County Administration Building - 2nd Floor in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Harrisburg is the county seat of Dauphin County, where most local government offices are located.
Dauphin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dauphin County Information
Dauphin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dauphin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dauphin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dauphin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dauphin County.
- The Dauphin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dauphin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dauphin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dauphin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dauphin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 717-780-6101. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Harrisburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dauphin County Courthouse at 717-255-2740.