Cumberland County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Cumberland County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Cumberland County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Cumberland County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
1 Court House SqThe Cumberland County Assessor's Office is located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. Carlisle is the county seat of Cumberland County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cumberland County Courthouse, at 1 Courthouse Square.
Cumberland County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cumberland County Information
Cumberland County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cumberland County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cumberland County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cumberland County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cumberland County.
- The Cumberland County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cumberland County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cumberland County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cumberland County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cumberland County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 717-240-6350. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cumberland County assessor's office at 717-240-6354. Please call the assessor's office in Carlisle before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cumberland County Courthouse at 717-240-6150.