Columbia County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Columbia County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Columbia County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Columbia County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Columbia County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 380The Columbia County Assessor's Office is located in the Main Street County Annex in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania. Bloomsburg is the county seat of Columbia County, where most local government offices are located.
Columbia County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Columbia County Information
Columbia County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Columbia County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Columbia County Tax Appraiser.
- The Columbia County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Columbia County.
- The Columbia County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Columbia County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Columbia County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Columbia County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Columbia County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-389-5642. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Columbia County assessor's office at 570-389-5646. Please call the assessor's office in Bloomsburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Columbia County Courthouse at 570-389-5600.