Clinton County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Clinton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clinton County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Clinton County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Clinton County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
232 E Main StThe Clinton County Assessor's Office is located in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania. Lock Haven is the county seat of Clinton County, where most local government offices are located.
Clinton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clinton County Information
Clinton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clinton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clinton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clinton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clinton County.
- The Clinton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clinton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clinton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clinton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clinton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-893-4031. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Lock Haven before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clinton County Courthouse at 570-893-4000.