Clarion County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Clarion County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clarion County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Clarion County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Clarion County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
401 Main StThe Clarion County Assessor's Office is located in Clarion, Pennsylvania. Clarion is the county seat of Clarion County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Clarion County Courthouse, at 421 Main Street.
Clarion County Assessor Contact Information
Clarion County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clarion County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clarion County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clarion County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clarion County.
- The Clarion County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clarion County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clarion County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clarion County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clarion County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-226-4000-Ext.-2301. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Clarion County assessor's office at 814-226-4197. Please call the assessor's office in Clarion before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clarion County Courthouse at 814-226-4000.