Chester County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Chester County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Chester County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Chester County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Chester County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
345 W. Chestnut St.The Chester County Assessor's Office is located in West Chester, Pennsylvania. West Chester is the county seat of Chester County, where most local government offices are located.
Chester County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Chester County Information
Chester County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Chester County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Chester County Tax Appraiser.
- The Chester County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Chester County.
- The Chester County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Chester County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Chester County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Chester County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Chester County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 610-344-6105. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in West Chester before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Chester County government at 610-344-6000.