Centre County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Centre County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Centre County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Centre County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Centre County property tax due date
420 Holmes StThe Centre County Assessor's Office is located in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. Bellefonte is the county seat of Centre County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Centre County Courthouse, at 420 Holmes Street.
Centre County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Centre County Information
Centre County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Centre County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Centre County Tax Appraiser.
- The Centre County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Centre County.
- The Centre County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Centre County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Centre County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Centre County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Centre County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-355-6721. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Centre County assessor's office at 814-355-6747. Please call the assessor's office in Bellefonte before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Centre County Courthouse at 814-355-6700.