Cameron County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Cameron County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cameron County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Cameron County Assessor for:
- Checking the Cameron County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
20 E 5Th StThe Cameron County Assessor's Office is located in Emporium, Pennsylvania. Emporium is the county seat of Cameron County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cameron County Courthouse, at 20 East 5th Street.
Cameron County Assessor Contact Information
Cameron County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cameron County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cameron County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cameron County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cameron County.
- The Cameron County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cameron County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cameron County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cameron County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cameron County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-486-9366. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cameron County assessor's office at 814-486-9399. Please call the assessor's office in Emporium before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cameron County Courthouse at 814-486-2315.