Cambria County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Cambria County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cambria County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Cambria County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Cambria County property tax due date
200 S Center StThe Cambria County Assessor's Office is located in Ebensburg, Pennsylvania. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cambria County Courthouse, at 200 South Center Street.
Cambria County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cambria County Information
Cambria County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cambria County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cambria County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cambria County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cambria County.
- The Cambria County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cambria County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cambria County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cambria County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cambria County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-472-1451. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cambria County assessor's office at 814-472-6573. Please call the assessor's office in Ebensburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cambria County Courthouse at 814-472-5440.