Bucks County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Bucks County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Bucks County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Bucks County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
55 E Court StThe Bucks County Assessor's Office is located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Doylestown is the county seat of Bucks County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bucks County Administration Building, at 55 East Court Street.
Bucks County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bucks County Information
Bucks County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bucks County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bucks County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bucks County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bucks County.
- The Bucks County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bucks County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bucks County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bucks County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bucks County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 215-348-6219. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bucks County assessor's office at 215-348-6225. Please call the assessor's office in Doylestown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bucks County Administration Building at 215-348-6000.