Blair County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Blair County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Blair County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Blair County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Blair County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
423 Allegheny StThe Blair County Assessor's Office is located in Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania. Hollidaysburg is the county seat of Blair County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Blair County Courthouse, at 423 Allepheny Street, Suite 41.
Blair County Assessor Contact Information
Blair County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Blair County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Blair County Tax Appraiser.
- The Blair County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Blair County.
- The Blair County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Blair County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Blair County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Blair County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Blair County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-693-3110. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hollidaysburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Blair County Courthouse at 814-693-3000.