Berks County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Berks County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Berks County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Berks County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Berks County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
633 Court StreetThe Berks County Assessor's Office is located in Reading, Pennsylvania. Reading is the county seat of Berks County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Berks County Courthouse, at 633 Court Street, 3rd Floor.
Berks County Assessor Contact Information
Berks County Assessor Address
Berks County Assessor
Berks County Services Center
633 Court Street, 3rd Floor
Reading, PA 19601
Berks County Assessor Phone Number
Berks County Assessor's Website
Additional Berks County Information
Pay Delinquent Property Taxes How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search Tool & GIS Map Geographical Information System
Berks County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Berks County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Berks County Tax Appraiser.
- The Berks County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Berks County.
- The Berks County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Berks County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Berks County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Berks County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Berks County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 610-478-6262. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Berks County assessor's office at 610-478-6261. Please call the assessor's office in Reading before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Berks County Courthouse at 610-478-6100.
Find the tax assessor for a different Pennsylvania county
Find property records for Berks County
The median property tax in Berks County, Pennsylvania is $3,014.00