Bedford County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Bedford County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bedford County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Bedford County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Bedford County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
200 South Juliana SteetThe Bedford County Assessor's Office is located in Bedford, Pennsylvania. Bedford is the county seat of Bedford County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bedford County Courthouse, at 200 South Juliana Street, Suite 104.
Bedford County Assessor Contact Information
Bedford County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bedford County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bedford County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bedford County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bedford County.
- The Bedford County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bedford County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bedford County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bedford County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bedford County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-623-4842. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bedford County assessor's office at 814-623-4834. Please call the assessor's office in Bedford before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bedford County Courthouse at 814-623-4807.