Allegheny County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Allegheny County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Allegheny County Assessor for:
- Checking the Allegheny County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
436 Grant StThe Allegheny County Assessor's Office is located in the Allegheny County Office Building, Third Floor in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh is the county seat of Allegheny County, where most local government offices are located.
Allegheny County Assessor Contact Information
Allegheny County Assessor Address
Allegheny County Property Assessments
Allegheny County Office Building, Third Floor
542 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Allegheny County Assessor Phone Number
Allegheny County Assessor's Website
Additional Allegheny County Information
Pay Your Property Tax How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search Tool Find Allegheny County property tax records
Allegheny County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Allegheny County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Allegheny County Tax Appraiser.
- The Allegheny County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Allegheny County.
- The Allegheny County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Allegheny County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Allegheny County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Allegheny County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Allegheny County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 412-350-4600. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Pittsburgh before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Allegheny County Courthouse at 412-350-5300.
Find the tax assessor for a different Pennsylvania county
Find property records for Allegheny County
The median property tax in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania is $2,553.00