Wasco County, Oregon - Assessor's Office
The Wasco County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wasco County, Oregon. You can contact the Wasco County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Wasco County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
511 Washington StreetThe Wasco County Assessor's Office is located in The Dalles, Oregon. The Dalles is the county seat of Wasco County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Wasco County Courthouse, at 511 Washington Street, Suite 208.
Wasco County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wasco County Information
Wasco County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wasco County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wasco County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wasco County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wasco County.
- The Wasco County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wasco County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wasco County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wasco County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wasco County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 541-506-2510. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wasco County assessor's office at 541-506--2511. Please call the assessor's office in The Dalles before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wasco County Courthouse at 541-296-2207.