Umatilla County, Oregon - Assessor's Office
The Umatilla County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Umatilla County, Oregon. You can contact the Umatilla County Assessor for:
- Checking the Umatilla County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
216 SE 4th StreetThe Umatilla County Assessor's Office is located in Pendleton, Oregon. Pendleton is the county seat of Umatilla County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Umatilla County Courthouse, at 216 SE 4th Street.
Umatilla County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Umatilla County Information
Umatilla County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Umatilla County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Umatilla County Tax Appraiser.
- The Umatilla County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Umatilla County.
- The Umatilla County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Umatilla County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Umatilla County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Umatilla County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Umatilla County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 541-276-7111. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Pendleton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Umatilla County Courthouse at 541-276-7111.