Tillamook County, Oregon - Assessor's Office
The Tillamook County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tillamook County, Oregon. You can contact the Tillamook County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Tillamook County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
201 Laurel AvenueThe Tillamook County Assessor's Office is located in Tillamook, Oregon. Tillamook is the county seat of Tillamook County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Tillamook County Courthouse, at 201 Laurel Avenue.
Tillamook County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Tillamook County Information
Tillamook County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tillamook County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tillamook County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tillamook County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tillamook County.
- The Tillamook County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tillamook County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tillamook County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tillamook County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tillamook County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 503-842-3400. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Tillamook County assessor's office at 503-842-3448. Please call the assessor's office in Tillamook before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Tillamook County Courthouse at 503-842-3403.