Klamath County, Oregon - Assessor's Office
The Klamath County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Klamath County, Oregon. You can contact the Klamath County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Klamath County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
305 Main StreetThe Klamath County Assessor's Office is located in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Klamath Falls is the county seat of Klamath County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Klamath County Courthouse, at 305 Main Street.
Klamath County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Klamath County Information
Klamath County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Klamath County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Klamath County Tax Appraiser.
- The Klamath County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Klamath County.
- The Klamath County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Klamath County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Klamath County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Klamath County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Klamath County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 541-883-5111. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Klamath County assessor's office at 541-885-6757. Please call the assessor's office in Klamath Falls before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Klamath County Courthouse at 541-883-5100.