Crook County, Oregon - Assessor's Office
The Crook County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Crook County, Oregon. You can contact the Crook County Assessor for:
- Checking the Crook County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
300 East Third StreetThe Crook County Assessor's Office is located in Prineville, Oregon. Prineville is the county seat of Crook County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Crook County Courthouse, at 200 NE 2nd Street.
Crook County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Crook County Information
Crook County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Crook County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Crook County Tax Appraiser.
- The Crook County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Crook County.
- The Crook County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Crook County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Crook County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Crook County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Crook County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 541-447-4133. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Crook County assessor's office at 541-447-1051. Please call the assessor's office in Prineville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Crook County Courthouse at 541-447-6555.